When it comes to planning a wedding there are a lot of things to think about. Where will we get married? How many people to invite? How much will we spend? What will we eat? Who will play the music and what songs will they play? The list can go on and on!
Since it is most likely your first time doing this, it hard to know where to start and even harder to know who to pick once you get started. So I will offer you a few of my professional tips.
- Don’t try to locate all your vendors at the same time. It can be overwhelming and you will lose track of all of your options.
- Make a list of the vendor positions you need to fill. (caterer, photographer, videographer, dj, band, florist..etc)
- Start at the top of your list and locate 3 vendors, no more than 3 and only in the current position that you are working on. Typically The Knot or Wedding Wire is a great resource, but they can both be very overwhelming.
- Look at their website and social media. Do you see things that you like? Do you see any wedding similar to what you would like to have?
- Send them an email or call. Most vendors have a contact us area on their website. Fill out all the requested information it is there for a reason! I specifically ask questions on my contact form to allow me to get an idea of what the client is looking for, so I can be prepared for our consultation.
- Talk to them and ask questions. You don’t necessarily have to meet with them face to face. You can call or FaceTime is a great option if you have a busy schedule.
- Make an informed decision. Money is typically the deciding factor, but it should not be the only criteria you use to choose your vendors.
If this whole process seems like a lot of work, you are quite right it is! If you hire Simple and Chic Events, we take care of ALL of this for you. One of our jobs is to consistently cultivate relationships with quality vendors, so when we have clients we can pair you up ,thus saving you from having to spend 30 to 40 hrs per vendor doing your own research.
You are welcome to take the time to research your own vendors, meet with them and book them…But why? Save yourself time and money, hire Simple and Chic Events and we will take care of it for you! Contact us today!
-Make it a Chic Day!